Dopp Kits are wonderful things, and I highly encourage anyone who does much traveling to look into putting one together. It easily saves me an hour or more on each trip — both on the front-end of collecting everything, as well as scrounging for anything I’ve forgotten once I arrive at my destination!
So here’s what I’ve got:
- Rothco Travel Kit
- Bar of Dr. Bronner’s Peppermint Soap
- One Portable Screwdriver (the installation screwdriver that came with my Nest)
- Chap stick/stuff
- Baxter of California Hard Cream Pomade (travel size)
- Cologne (travel size)
- Vicks Inhaler (the things are seriously magic)
- American Crew Alternator
- A Comb
- A stick of deodorant (always handy to re-up before a flight)
- A name badge and lanyard, in case I’m at a Meetup or the like and it’d be handy.
- An emergency sewing kit
- Travel size toothpaste and dental floss
- Old pill bottle containing a cache of ibuprofen, sudafed, imodium, etc.
- A headband, that can double as a blindfold to help shut out the light when trying to catch a few zzz’s
- Toothbrush in a travel holder (with a suction cup to stick to the mirror in your hotel room)
- Empty Altoids Tin containing an assortment of band-aids, breathe-rite strips, and a few floss picks.
- Compact Notebook containing a bit of cash and some business cards
- Pen (I am in desperate love with uni-ball Vision stick rollerballs)
- Neosporin Ointment (which is super hard to find when traveling)
- Monster Outlets-to-Go wall adapter — provides 3 standard outlets, and 2 quick-charger USB jacks.
- Enercell Retractable Micro USB data & charge cable
- SOL Republic JAX earbuds
- Monoprice wireless presenter and laser pointer
- Karma wifi hotspot
- Extra Micro USB cable
It’s served me well thus far, but what do you think? Am I missing anything critical?