Chicken Tender Wrap
Food of the Gods
One of the best things about my college experience at Grove City was the one unique, delectable item on the menu that — to date — I’ve never seen quite duplicated elsewhere. So for any other Grovers out there that miss the taste of the Chicken Tender Wrap, here’s what I’ve come up with as a pretty darn close approximation.
Credit: Angela Starosta and Matt Schiavone for help piecing back together the recipe.
- 1 large burrito-size tortilla
- Diced plum tomatoes
- Chopped iceberg lettuce
- 2 Chicken Tenders
- Ranch dressing
- Hot sauce (optional)
- White rice
- Shredded mild cheddar cheese
- Put two frozen chicken tenders in a microwave safe bowl, and microwave for 1m30.
- Put the tortilla wrap you’re using on a plate. Spread some diced tomatoes and chopped lettuce as a base.
- Take the (now hot) chicken out of the microwave, and put it in some hot oil in a skillet over medium heat for about 30-45 seconds per side.
- Take the chicken tenders out of the oil, put them on a cutting board, and chop them into maybe ½” chunks.
- In the same microwave safe bowl, put approximately equal quantities of white rice, and then shredded cheddar cheese in, and microwave for 1m30.
- Spread the chicken on top of the lettuce on the wrap. Add your desired quantities of ranch dressing and hot sauce.
- Take the melted cheese and rice out of the microwave and combine it with a spoon until it’s mixed. Add this on top of the chicken.
- Wrap, folding the edges, and slice it on a bias. Enjoy!
Disclaimer: You’ll want a bigger tortilla than I’m using in the pictures. I wound up having way too much stuff in it, and had to split it into two wraps after trying to wrap it.